We are passionate about demonstrating the love of Jesus to the people of the town where we live. We do that through supporting, practically, prayerfully and financially a huge number of organisations, activities and charities in the town.
There is so much you can get involved with across the town. These are just some of the ways in which our church congregation has been involved recently.
- Refugee project, working with the Home Office, to welcome, house and care for a refugee family.
- Bed for the Night, a homeless shelter at Greyfriars & New Hope, and across Reading (run by FAITH charity) to provide beds and a safe refuge for the homeless.
- Street Pastors, working across Reading on Friday and Saturday night, to help those who are in need in the town centre.
- Toddlers, a mid-week ministry to reach out to young children and their parents/carers, taking place at Greyfriars on Tuesday mornings.
- RE Inspired, working with schools across Reading to take the Good News of Jesus to thousands of children in the town.
- Reading Festival in August, working with Street Pastors to provide a safe place for people to be cared for and ministered to.
- Greyfriars Nursery, next door to Greyfriars, with opportunities to help the children, staff and parents.
- Partnerships with Yeldall Manor and Mustard Tree to help those in need in Reading.
- Student work through the University, reaching out to 15,000 young people on our doorstep.
- Prayer Stop, a ministry at Greyfriars, offering prayer to those walking through the town centre.
- Greyfriars Atrium, a resource for Reading, and a place to talk and minister to those in need.
- International Mission, through the Greyfriars Missionary Trust, supporting short and long term missionaries all over the world.
Each of these organisations and many more would love for you to be part of what they are doing. Get in touch with the church office if you would like to find out more about getting involved by emailing email@example.com
And do continue to pray for all of those who work so hard to see lives transformed across our town.