Greyfriars Church, Reading Parish Safeguarding Policy
- We are committed to:
– The care, nurture of, and respectful pastoral ministry with, all children and all adults.
– The safeguarding and protection of all children, young people and adults when they are vulnerable.
– The establishing of safe, caring communities which provide a loving
environment where there is a culture of ‘informed vigilance’ as to the dangers of abuse.
- We will carefully select and train all those with any responsibility within the Church,
in line with safer recruitment principles, including the use of Disclosure and Barring
- We will respond without delay to every complaint made which suggests that an adult,
child or young person may have been harmed, co-operating with the police and local
authority in any investigation and we will have a clear reporting procedure in place.
- We will seek to work with anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with him or
her an appropriate ministry of informed pastoral care.
- We will seek to challenge any abuse of power, especially by anyone in a position of
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral
to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have
offended against a child, young person or vulnerable adult.
- In all these principles we will follow statute, guidance and recognised good practice.
- We will advise the Diocese which Registered Body we use to process applications for
Disclosure and Barring Service Checks.
- We will advise the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser if we receive a Disclosure, which
is ‘blemished’ or ‘positive’.
- We will review this policy annually, check that our policies are up to date, and supply
a copy of the updated policy statement to the Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser.
If you have any concerns about the welfare of a child, young person or vulnerable adult please contact Sam Muncey, as our Safeguarding Officer.
T: 07933 567 075
Alternatively you can contact the Diocesan Safeguarding Advisor, Stuart Nimmo at firstname.lastname@example.org and 01865 208290.